Tuesday 21 December 2021

Raymond Sheppard and the Christmas Crib

 We've looked at the two series at either side of Christmas 1957 which appeared in the children's comic Swift (from the Hulton Eagle stable) before. Today is the right time to wish all my readers a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

If you have some time on your hands you might like to reproduce the 6 part Christmas Crib - as published in Swift from 9 November 1957 to 14 December 1957 issues. Please excuse the colours being a bit off as I didn't scan these and don't own the comics. But I have added two photos I took of cuttings I've seen, so you can see how the colours should be!







and the two photos:



On the second of November 1957, "Animals and their young" ended, we then get the crib above until 14 December, followed by "Christmas dinner for the birds" and the robin Christmas card. In the new year, on 4 January 1958, the "Birds and their nests" series started.


No comments:

Post a Comment